Corporate Overnight Fund
The objective is to provide safety of principal, daily liquidity, and the highest possible rate of return. The fund seeks to maintain a net asset value of one dollar, and its dollar-weighted average maturity is 60 days or fewer.
The Corporate Overnight Fund is designed for funds that may be required for immediate expenditure. The objectives of the fund, in order of importance, are:
- An understanding of the suitability of the investment to the financial requirements of the Corporate Overnight Fund;
- Preservation and safety of principal;
- Marketability of each investment if the need arises to liquidate the investment before maturity;
- Diversification of the investment portfolio;
- And yield.
The Corporate Overnight Fund seeks to offer daily liquidity and seeks to maintain a net asset value of one dollar. The net asset value of the Corporate Overnight Fund is determined daily to ensure that the market value of the Fund’s assets is maintained at one dollar. The dollar weighted average maturity of the Corporate Overnight Fund is 60 days or fewer. The maximum stated maturity of each security acquired by the Corporate Overnight Fund is 13 months for fixed rate securities and 24 months for variable rate securities. Because of their short maturities, high quality, and minimal price fluctuations, securities in which the Corporate Overnight Fund invests are generally considered to be marketable and very liquid. Though the Corporate Overnight Fund may hold investments until they mature, it may periodically trade securities to take advantage of perceived disparities between markets for various categories of investments in an effort to increase returns. For liquidity purposes or to respond to unusual market conditions, the Corporate Overnight Fund may hold some or all of its total assets in cash as a temporary defensive measure, for purposes of assuring sufficient liquidity, or due to the lack of eligible investment securities.
The Corporate Overnight Fund has the authority to invest in all securities authorized under the Investment Act. However, it is the Board’s policy to also have the following restrictions:
- Except for money market mutual funds regulated by the SEC, the Corporate Overnight Fund shall not invest its assets in the securities of any one nongovernmental issuer in an amount that exceeds 5 percent of the Corporate Overnight Fund’s total assets at cost.
- Fully collateralized repurchase agreements that meet the following criteria: (1) have a defined termination date; (2) are secured by obligations authorized under the Investment Act; (3) require the securities being purchased by the Corporate Overnight Fund to be pledged to the Corporate Overnight Fund, held in the Corporate Overnight Fund’s name, and deposited at the time the investment is made with the Corporate Overnight Fund or with a third party selected and approved by the Corporate Overnight Fund; and (4) are placed through a primary government securities dealer, as defined by the Federal Reserve, or a financial institution doing business in this state. The market value of repurchase agreement collateral is required to initially be 102 percent of the principal amount of such repurchase agreement. Thereafter, the market value of such collateral will be determined (marked-to-market) daily and reset to 102 percent of the principal amount if it falls below 100 percent.
- If an A-1 or P-1 investment is placed on the watch list with negative implications by Standard & Poor’s or Moody’s Investor Services, the Investment Advisor must notify the Investment Consultant and Administrator that same day and if a ready market exists for that security, sell the investment within one week.
- The Corporate Overnight Fund shall not invest its funds in any one money market mutual fund in an amount that exceeds (i) 25 percent of the Corporate Overnight Fund’s total assets or (ii) 10 percent of the total assets of such money market mutual fund.
Lone Star Information Statement
The Lone Star Information Statement should be read carefully before investing. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses associated with this or any security prior to investing. Investment in Lone Star Investment Pool is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) or any other government agency, and although Lone Star seeks to preserve the value of the investment at a fixed share price, it is possible to lose money by investing in Lone Star. For further information or for an Information Statement, contact First Public at 800.558.8875. The return information is net of all current operating expenses. The return represents past performance and is no indication of future results.
|Period||Average Monthly Returns||7-Day SEC Yield||Weighted Maturity (1)||Weighted Maturity (2)|